Tuesday 29 January 2008

My new gadget


Today I used my new ICT gadget in literacy.

It is a really cool dictaphone!
Boring you may think, but no! The children have been working on making a boring story of Little Red Riding Hood into an interesting one and I used the dictaphone to record each child reading their bit. I then downloaded it and have turned it into a CD. A few cheap CD's from the pound shop later and the children have some exciting proof of all their hard literacy work. They even made their own CD case to put it in.

Transferring the files to my computer was easy, but there is not currently any compatible software to turn the files into a CD. However, after about two hours of fiddling and pure determination I worked out how to change each file manually into a file compatible with burning onto a CD. Now it sounds so cool.

I am so proud of my year twos for creating this magnificent piece of work.

No comments: